BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is my first post over here and would like to get help/advice from you guys regarding the problem I am facing with my BMW 525D (2005 05 REG)with the Logic 7 sound system and professional Navigation with bluetooth and voice command...

Two days ago, a very annoying audible sound started coming from the front centre speaker (just above the Screen !!) and then it stopped after about 10 minutes and all of a sudden within an hour, all the speakers went dead, so I haven't got ANY sound in my car at all... Later on, the bluetooth failed and then the voice command and now the SOS failure symbol comes up as soon as I start my car....

Navigation system works fine ( but again with no audio !!!), the PDC works but no sound... so out of the four menu on the idrive, two works perfectly ( NAVIGATION without sound though and CLIMATE) and two of them have failed ( ENTERTAINMENT AND COMMUNICATION)

Could any of you throw some light onto this as to what would have gone wrong, I have tried resetting the idrive (the three finger set with eject buttons and volume button!!), an ex BMW technician had the computer plugged in and couldn't find any fault at all but he reckons, the Amplifier might have gone bust... my concern is, if the amplifier has gone bust, will if affect my bluetooth as well. And also, I forgot to mention, that the 6 CD changer in the glove compartment cannot be recognised as well !!! so when I go to entertainment menu on the idrive, I can see the CD menu but the CD1 CD2 ..... CD6 are all greyed out and cannot be selected...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the car is out of warranty and the last thing I want to do is to take to a dealer and come up with a massive dent in my wallet and end up paying nearly 25% of the cost of the car...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :confused

Thanks guys in advance

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
not familiar with the new bmw models but we have car pool bmws at work which have done it

you need to reset it

To reset the computer push both eject buttons (DVD and CD) and the volume knob (the mute button) at the same time. Fortunately, mine always reboots after 10 minutes.

just noticed the end bit of your post lol you already tried

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There

Thanks for a quick reply mate... I have already tried that with joy to the system or myself...

I am wondering, if I have my AMP replaced, would that solve this problem, as I guess, the amp should sort the speakers out, but would that solve the bluetooth problem ??

Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again, but the fuses have been checked by the Technician and they are all perfect :-(

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
You need to go to good indy, it is probably a single module failure and these things are not silly money to replace on the second hand market (Quarry Motors for example) but they need coding in to the ECU and so you need somebody with BMW GT1/DIS etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All

Many Thanks for all your emails and advice, a special thanks to 'Kwempe' for all the help extended.

It is sorted now, it was the AMPLIFIER...

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts