BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m looking at a remap for my f31 335d xdrive im thinking racechip any suggestions

·
Registered
22 Posts
Racechip is a tuning box, not a remap.

Having run a tuning box prior to having my 330d remapped, I'd steer clear. On the F3x series cars, including your 335d, remaps can now be done without first having to remove the ECU from the car (all over OBD).

If you're in Liverpool, you won't be too far from Dervtech I don't think. I'd give them a shout. Either way, make sure you get the car to a tuner who's got a rolling road and can do before and after runs so you can see where your money has been spent!

Expect some great results from the 335d...most people report gains of around 70bhp / 100nm!

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you're in Liverpool, you won't be too far from Dervtech I don't think. I'd give them a shout.
Have you got any experience with Dervtech ? Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Didn’t get my map done with them - but they were good enough to reconfigure my sport dials which my tuner couldn’t do.

Well regarded over on F3xpost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I’ve spoke to a guy called James Pickering at dervtech he’s saying £350 for a custom map on the Dyno.
Stage 1 software only or stage 2 dpf n egr delete and software.
I think that’s a reasonable price but has anyone had there 335d xdrive mapped without dpf removal?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would advise against removing your DPF unless you want an MOT fail, pay to have it replaced, and lose the remap.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have it done or speak to them again, ask them what the dealer detection patch is that they say they out on

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve been looking at a company called Unicorn development and they say there software is more refined to derv tech and is not comparable and suggestions?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I’ve been looking at a company called Unicorn development and they say there software is more refined to derv tech and is not comparable and suggestions?
its already been said,,but try and get to bmchiptune,,next car i get that needs tuning will be going there,ive travelled in the past and even stayed in a hotel while my car was sorted(dream science) who done a job on ky old car(focus st mk2) was a 340 mile round trip,,even took the missus for a night away in dull..oops i meant hull ha ha ha

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dealer Protection/Detection Patch - Dervtech mention it on a couple of their Facebook posts -" Fully OBD Tuned - no ECU removal required
- Dealer protected - warranty safe and undetectable! "

I'm guessing it supposedly makes the remap undetectable to the Main Dealer incase they try to say any warranty is voided

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I’m taking with bwtune
I’ve got unicorn development telling me there maps are much more defined than derv tech for £500
I’ve got derv tech at £350
I’ve got super chips at £400
I’ve even got a mate with a blue spark chip gonna let me try out.
So all these company’s telling me they gonna do a custom map on the dyno but are they the same. All look reputable

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just found out the most company’s have to disingage the idrive system so that they can run on there dyno. So far unicorn development is the only 1 that’s test runs 4wd on there dyno. Do use think this will affect the outcome?

·
Registered
22 Posts
See here: Bluespark Tuning Box Review and Tech info

I wouldn't bother with the Bluespark on the 35d. I ran one pre-remap and it was 'OK' but didn't get anywhere near claimed figures. With DERV tuning, most remaps are much the same. As long as your tuner isn't overly increasing the fuelling then you should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the car being run in 2WD mode, but if you do want a 4WD rolling road then Evolve definitely do this with their OBD tunes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts