BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me please...

Two things which I've never been able to fathom on my 3 series.

1) The drive mode defaults to 'Comfort'. Is there a way to get it to default to something else, e.g. Sport+, Eco etc? Without having to manually change it every time...
2) Every time I turn the ignition, the fan/heater/aircon seems to turn on every time at some arbitrary temperature/fan speed. Can I default it to be OFF, unless I turn it on? Even when I've turned it off, get out of the car to post a letter, get back in and turn the ignition, it's back on again, blasting at full speed 16 degrees C (or whatever I had it on recently)! I just want it to start again how I left it last time...

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

You cannot easily get the car to default to another mode each time it is started up. They all default to Comfort mode. It can be changed, but you need someone to code it for you and pay them. BMW dealers will not do this.

In terms of your AC settings, I believe you do not have a profile associated with the key. If you go into the i-drive menu, then profiles, you will see there are different profiles for different users of the car. These profiles store different car settings such as radio presets, indicator 3 blink on or off, air conditioning settings, etc, etc. This is where your problem is I believe. You need to go into this menu and associate a profile with the key you are using.

This means every time you use the car and change a setting, such as a new radio preset, radio volume, air conditioning settings, it saves these settings to the profile meaning next time you get into the car, everything is as YOU left it.

This is useful for a car that is shared basically meaning that each person who is using the car can get into it using a key with their profile allocated to it and all settings will be the same as when they left it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts