BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got a BMW 320D E90 2007 M-Sport Manual and my ABS Pump/Hydro Unit fully died so I'm looking to buy one second hand but i'm a little confused regarding the parts numbers on RealOem.
Do Parts numbers really have to match or is it fine if the used part comes out of a similar model car?
I know someone that can code everything for me so that's not a problem; the issue here is finding the parts. Real Oem also says that the actual abs pump has been discontinued after a certain year so I'm really confused here.
Real Oem number is 34516794647

Can someone help me here?

Thank you guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get refurbished one. You will get warranty and seller tell you which one match for your car.
I had some issues buying second hand ones, after certain time they stopped work properly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Get refurbished one.
I second that.

Luckily my car was still under warranty from the dealer when the pump failed, it was sent off and refurbished. The company the garage used also give the pump a lifetime guarantee because they use a different parts inside rather than original parts that are prone to failing again, if you buy an original second hand pump the chances are that will fail at some point too, they are a common problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for your replies,
Should I try buying a cheap similar pump with a different part number on ebay and just the change the Top Pump Unit only so I wont have to code anything and It'll be cheaper.
Would that work?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts