BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My first post so be gentle and my username was supposed to be ‘The New Guy’….not plural (unless I’m schizophrenic and haven’t realised!).

Anyway, here’s my problem….I bought my BMW in November and noticed after a while that sometimes when I’d dip the clutch and the revs would drop back down the car would almost stall as the revs can drop below 500 on occasion. The power is there and the car pulls well but just has an issue with idling. If the revs drop really low but then I leave it idling it will rectify itself and pull itself back to about 900 rpm.

The problem is not all of the time but about 50/50 and doesn’t really matter if it’s warm or cold. I’ve changed the oil, fitted new plugs but that’s about it so far. It’s more annoying than anything but if it gets worse I can picture it stalling and that wouldn’t be fun.

Any ideas you lovely bunch of people?

Cheers
The New Guy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked for splits/air leaks in the vacumn hoses?
No I haven't, I haven't really worked on cars much in the past so these are the sorts of things I don't think to check. I'm quite handy with tools though and always worked on my bike so do I just need to check for perished rubber or loose seals or something? Or is there a better method?

Thanks
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.