BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bmw 318i e36 interrior lights (FIXED)

Hi guys, my first post here so please be gentle. :hihi

I have a 318i e36 which i just recently purchased. The interior lights were intermittently going on and off once the doors were opened. Now its just on.

To avoid battery drain i took out fuse 33 from the fusebox. After reading the forums about electrical issues i figured it could be the boot wires. I stripped it down from the rubber bit and none of the wires were cracked or damaged :frown (i was hoping it was, as it would have been an easy fix).

I also read somewhere on this forum if i disable power from the zke behind the glove box it might solve it as it would reset it. (i didnt do it yet just something goes wrong) any advice on this please ?

Also from another post i read that the door sensors could be playing around... where do i find these?

Any advice regarding this will be of great assistance as i don't want spend more money than i already have on this car.

TIA

Illusion

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pic. :)

Only if i had thought of it before..... I stripped the boot wring for no reason :(

The right side rear passengers door switch had broken of somehow, which is why the interior lights were playing about. No biggie just stuffed it with wet tissue so it moulds in the hole and stays off.

All sorted now.

Thanks.

The search button does wonders :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.