BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a major problem with my BMW M47 Engine 118d 2006 (150k miles). And I would be grateful if someone can help us as we are located in west midlands!

The car has been a mint and smooth runner with no symptoms prior to this issue. A couple of weeks ago I brought the car on reserve miles to my garage left it on the car park for an hour returned to the car and tried starting but it wasn't firing up.

Pushed it into the garage and plugged launch diagnostics on it and the only fault code which returned was EKPS no message transmitter DDE.

I established there was a fuel error, I put £20 of diesel into the car tried starting but no luck. I opened the injector pipe while cranking and there was no pressure in the fuel coming out, it was dribbling. I thought the high pressure pump had gone so I replaced it with a new one. Tried starting but still no luck as there was no pressure. Since then I have changed the common rail with pressure sensors, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pump control module and battery. HOWEVER, STILL NO LUCK!!!. Plugged diagnostics on and I re aligned DDE to CAS and reset nearly everything on the CAS system but still wont start. I have run out of ideas. Initially I could hear the fuel pump prime however now I cannot hear it prime now and when I crank there is no fuel coming out from pump even though I have changed both the fuel pump and module. My last and final step would be to change the DDE and CAS however there is no water damage to DDE at all. I have done tests and there is no electric going from the DDE to the injectors nor the fuel pump control module.

Could anyone please help me as it is driving me insane would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a major problem with my BMW M47 Engine 118d 2006 (150k miles). And I would be grateful if someone can help us as we are located in west midlands!

The car has been a mint and smooth runner with no symptoms prior to this issue. A couple of weeks ago I brought the car on reserve miles to my garage left it on the car park for an hour returned to the car and tried starting but it wasn't firing up.

Pushed it into the garage and plugged launch diagnostics on it and the only fault code which returned was EKPS no message transmitter DDE.

I established there was a fuel error, I put £20 of diesel into the car tried starting but no luck. I opened the injector pipe while cranking and there was no pressure in the fuel coming out, it was dribbling. I thought the high pressure pump had gone so I replaced it with a new one. Tried starting but still no luck as there was no pressure. Since then I have changed the common rail with pressure sensors, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pump control module and battery. HOWEVER, STILL NO LUCK!!!. Plugged diagnostics on and I re aligned DDE to CAS and reset nearly everything on the CAS system but still wont start. I have run out of ideas. Initially I could hear the fuel pump prime however now I cannot hear it prime now and when I crank there is no fuel coming out from pump even though I have changed both the fuel pump and module. My last and final step would be to change the DDE and CAS however there is no water damage to DDE at all. I have done tests and there is no electric going from the DDE to the injectors nor the fuel pump control module.

Could anyone please help me as it is driving me insane would be highly appreciated.
Hi there. Did you find out what the problem was? I appear to have the same or a similar issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey pal , wondering if you ever got to the bottom of your issue?
Fuel Pressure Sensor failed and sent Diesel up the wiring loom into the ECU.
Luckily i didn't need to be using the car and managed to fix it myself at a fraction of the cost or any quote.

Fuel Pressure Sensor - £150
ECU Clone - £470
Engine Harness - £70
New Battery - £200

Plus many hours of my time in ISTA-P, troubleshooting and scratching head.

The Fuel Pressure Sensor is a known issue on the N57 but BMW only appeared to list and address as of 2019 - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10154822-9999.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts