BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

I have a bmw 1 series 116i 2012 plate with 91k on the clock ive notice lately there is a slight miss fire / jerking when driving when cold but there is no codes showing for this. also ive notice the fuel consumption is creeping up a little even when driving in eco mode it says im doing 33.5mpg but doesn't seem right to me or maybe im over thinking the mpg a little, I was using a lot of oil at one point but I changed the oil and put some in from bmw and its been alright since fingers crossed
any suggestions on what to check and were to start I have some knowledge of mechiancs but not in a great technical detail
many thanks ADAM
:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Start with checking spark plugs and coils and o2 sensors etc. What do you mean losing oil? Its leaking externally or internally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start with checking spark plugs and coils and o2 sensors etc. What do you mean losing oil? Its leaking externally or internally?
I will check the plugs tomorrow and how do i check the coils? And its using oil internaly somewere but there are no tell tail signs ive checked exaust. No smoke there and there is nothing passing the turbo checked that, i did plug it in to computer other week and these codes were there and wondering weather its map airflow possible causing me problems?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had this problem. Only happened when cold. Changed water temp sensor under inlet manifold and sorted it. £8.20 from stealers. tricky to get at but didn't have to remove manifold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts