BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was starting to hijack someone elses thread, so i thought i better start my own!

When i bought the car it came with a handsfree kit fitted this:

but it only worked with the standard HU and i never used it(swapped out the HU on the same day)

now it's still in there, but i want to remove the cradle. there is a mic on the ceiling of the car, near the lights at the front, and i was wondering if i remove the cradle would i be able to attach some sort of device to be able to use my phone in bluetooth with the existing mic?

are these any good also:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VR3-200v-Viso...s=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:2|294:50

·
Registered
11 Posts
That visor BT system will produce background noise, as a friend of mine found out. You are better off fitting a parrot system. What's your new HU Kev? See if there is an ISO loom available for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That visor BT system will produce background noise, as a friend of mine found out. You are better off fitting a parrot system. What's your new HU Kev? See if there is an ISO loom available for it.
Hey Neal :D

What do you mean background noise...do you mean other people talking in the car etc?

I have a Pioneer HU matey :thumbsup

·
Registered
491 Posts
Alright Kev,

I managed to get some pics on how to take you kit out.

1. You need to take the dash strip off, put a flat head screw driver under the passenger strip and leverage it up:

Take the strip off and leverage the centre strip by starting with the side nearest to the steering wheel.

From there, you should be able to take the cradle off, it shouldnt be screwed down:

At each side of the stereo, there should be a screw each side, unscrew them:

Pull the stereo out carefully

At the back of the stereo, there is a clip, put a flat head screw driver in the top and leverage it up:

As you pull the clip up, it should come away. And disconnect the aerial.:

At the side of the black blip, there should be a small blue clip which you need to pull out:

and push out the plug:

you will now need to take out the glove box. There a 6 screws and 2 plastic clips. The first 3 screws are long the top of the glove box:

You need to slide the plastic screws out at each side of box:

There are 2 screws behind the plastic clips:

And the last screw is under neath the glove box, so need to close it and and the screw is on the bottom left hand side:

Once the screw is out, tug on the handle light and it should loosen the box slightly, you will need to tug it abit harder until the box drops out:

As you lower the box, you will see some wires like this:

There is one wire that will be connected to the main stereo loom, the clip will look like the one on the back of stereo:

Then you will see the 2 wires that are connected to the cradle:

Disconnect them and you will be able to take the cradle out completely.

With the wires hanging out, you should see a black box with wire connected to it. Disconnect the wires:

Most of the loom should look like this:

Last few plugs:

And heres the black box:

Mine had a windscreen aerial, which peeled back quite easily:

The wire ran down the side of the dash, so pull the wire downward until it clears the dash and you should be able to pull the whole thing out:

This should be the last thing, the mic! Pull the Passenger door seal downwards so it comes away from the frame:

My wire was taped to the side, if you can try and locate the wire and pull from the bottom.

Once you have done that, go to the centre light console and prise it from the front with a flathead screwdriver, it should come out quite easily:

Get the mic wire and pull the wire until it comes all the way through. (Just becareful of the trim as you pull it through.) And the mic should look like this:

From there you need to build everything back up.

I hope this helps you, i tried to be a accurate as i can be so please excuse me if i have said something that is a bit confusing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.