BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently acquired a 2003 E60 5 Series.

It came with a mobile snap in adaptor in the centre arm rest, looks like it fits a Nokia 6310.

I have tried with a couple of phones to hook up via their bluetooth but to no avail - they have found no device in the car.

My questions are:

- How can I find out if my car is bluetooth enabled?
- Assuming the snap in adaptor is for a Nokia 6310, is it guaranteed to work?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If, with the ignition on, you press and hold the steering wheel button (phone symbol) for a couple of seconds, do you get a tone/beep?

If you do, then there is a very good chance you have the bluetooth option installed. The very fact you have the snap adaptor is a good sign.

Also, if you look in the boot area (left hand side behind carpet on a 320), you should ahve a module called a bluetooth MULF module. I will try and find where they normally install these on your vehicle.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Nokia 6310 only partially compatible. Won't show full details on screen, however, 6310i is fully compatible.

I have used both in mine, much to the amusement of my 11 year old son who says it is a 'rubbish phone'. Times like this you realise age is creeping up on you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went through the I Menu to communications and had my phone (Sony Eriksson W910i) set up in less than a minute. Contacts downloaded too!

Again - many thanks for the advice/help above.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, now I come to think of it...how do you take out the snap in adaptor? I wont be using the one I have so would like to take it out so I can use the space for storage....

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Actually, now I come to think of it...how do you take out the snap in adaptor? I wont be using the one I have so would like to take it out so I can use the space for storage....
May want to offer the adaptor to someone on here or ebay it, they have a value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Snap in Adaptor

I am new to the forum, so excuse my numptiness, but I have a just purchased a 535d which belonged to a friends deceased relative. The car seems to be very highly specified with so many buttons and gadgets that I have only been able to scratch the surface with the manual and wondered if someone can tell me the following:-

it has a snap in adaptor in the centre counsel - is there a simple way of identifying what phone this will fit?

how can I tell if it has "speech" operation, I have pressed the button on the steering wheel but nothing seems to happen, so I assume it does not - I can get my phone to work via bluetooth and it all connects and I get phonebook etc, so the snap in is not essential.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts