BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed a pretty deep blurb noise on my 320d when starting the car. It was followed with a few second on whining and then got to normal but I noticed that it was running louder than normal. When stopping the car I could also hear veru deep sound just before the engine shut off followed with a few seconds of whining.

Deep sound is coming from the engine area but the performance is not affected at all? I could probably say that it runs better than normal.

Should I be worried that my car started to sound sportier than it is? How can I check if exhaust is blowing or manifold is cracked?

I also want to mention that I had my air con regassed the other day but I dont think that this is related.

Car 320d 2010

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
868 Posts
Find a good indy and get the car up on a ramp, so you can have the exhaust checked for leaks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this something I could delay by a week? The thing is that tomorrow in Sunday and all indies are closed and next week super busy at work so can't afford to miss it therefore will need to do my standadd week 250miles. What do you think?

·
Registered
868 Posts
If the only thing you've had done is the re-gas, then it could be a new compressor noise now the system is operating correctly. I'm sure you'll be ok for another week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts