BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post and all that….

I’ve recently bought a 2008 330D M sport touring. Lovely car, smooth drive etc.
The other day I noticed the under tray was a bit loose under the front bumper. So I got under the car and saw there was (what I can only describe as) a heavy duty black plastic bag sandwiched between the under tray and the bottom of the engine. It feels padded and it covers most of the ‘space’. It almost feels like there is resistance when lifting the tray back into place.
Does anyone know if this is some kind of engine insulation or is it some kind of big bodge job sponge for a massive oil leak….🙈🙈🙈

I rammed my hand in and there wasn’t any sign of oil or fluid. Just odd..
Please help/advise 😬
Many thanks, Jay.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
ripped mine off on e92 335d,it has a few layers and was full with sand/grit/oil mess,i took it off as i had a boost lkeak from red hose,over the ytears it built up,,id say i removed at least 1st of shit and plastic,pressure washed it and replaced

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. It’s held up by a few cable ties in some spots and although I’m very fond of cable ties, I’m assuming you can buy replacement clips??

No photo?
Missis had that car today and I had a moment to post while the kids weren’t tearing the house down 🙈🤣 Will get some over the weekend though and get back to you. 👍🏽

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
For the clips find the part number then do a search it will save paying BMW through the nose for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts