BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope this is the right thread:confused
Anyhow got my kidneys grills done today, personally, I like em:D, and its not that big a job to remove them, 20mins tops. Got em sprayed at a local bodyshop, £35. Here's a few pics, 1 before, 2 after.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Great decision:cool

Makes the car look more aggressive in my opinion:cool

Out of interest do you know if the garage just sprayed over the chrome or did the scratch up the chrome to give the paint something to stick to?

Sounds like a silly question I know but I've seen many jobs done the quick way and the quality is good to start until the paint starts to flake off:frown

:thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i did mine myself just with primer and paint i had lying around .... £35?? yikes
Yeah I wasn't expecting £35 either:jaw-dropping
I thought He'd have said get the guy who did em a drink, oh well, I had em back in less then a day and took them off in his shop (his tools:)) and put them on in shop also, so I thought all in all, not that bad a deal:thumbsup

Thanks for the comments guy's:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great decision:cool

Makes the car look more aggressive in my opinion:cool

Out of interest do you know if the garage just sprayed over the chrome or did the scratch up the chrome to give the paint something to stick to?

Sounds like a silly question I know but I've seen many jobs done the quick way and the quality is good to start until the paint starts to flake off:frown

:thumbsup
Yeah, I asked the same questions (before hand) They used a etching primer, (just for plastics) then painted them, satin black.
I was after that look (aggressive):D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.