BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,. Been looking for another E46 for ages... This one caught my eye at a local dealer......full BMW main dealer service history, and a whole folder of invoices for work done on the car. Just had new discs and pads all round, fresh Aircon re gas, 4 new tyres. Drives like a dream 馃憤馃憤
The colour is Atlantis blue metallic.....never seen another saloon in this colour....

Registered
Finally got round to seeing this car today, after much thinking, and research......soon as i saw it i had to buy it馃榿馃榿馃榿馃憤馃憤 View attachment 274421 View attachment 274422 View attachment 274423 View attachment 274424 View attachment 274423 View attachment 274421 View attachment 274422 View attachment 274423 View attachment 274424
Utterly stunning example mate. Another 1 saved for the long haul. Last of the true bimmers- before they launched the shitbox 1 series that looks like a club foot 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will hopefully be keeping this one for the long haul......agree on the e46 being the last of the proper bimmers.....at least on these you can repair them with a proper set of tools.....the newer ones you need to be a computer genius just to do the basics !!! lol

Registered
i will hopefully be keeping this one for the long haul......agree on the e46 being the last of the proper bimmers.....at least on these you can repair them with a proper set of tools.....the newer ones you need to be a computer genius just to do the basics !!! lol
I鈥檝e got a .pdf copy of the Bentley manual for the e46. I鈥檒l pm it over to you shortly mate

Registered
BMW 320d E46 - Grey Green, BMW 330d E46 - Mystic Blue
I never thought I鈥檇 see another one. Atlantis blue is an individual colour is it not?
I saw one for sale on ebay about 5 years ago and until now never seen another one on the road or online.
Good job!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i thought it may be an individual colour, seen it on m3 and coupe models.....not on a saloon though !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update......
Collected the E46 from the dealer this morning. Faultless drive home, beautiful, quiet, comfortable....and bloody quick !!!
Temperature gauge held steady all the way home, so no cooling system problems.... Looks like it's recently had new thermostat and top and bottom hoses replaced.
Brakes are strong... No judder or pulling to either side.
engine is almost silent at idle.....just had oil and filter change.

bad points...... drivers seat bolster has seen better days......will be looking for a set of leather covers.....not sure if bmw sell them ?
small stone chip in bottom left corner of windscreen.....autoglass repair i think.....looks like a newish screen.
offside rear alloy needs a refurb.......but i intend getting all 4 powder coated in shadow chrome.

apart from these minor niggles...everything still works......no electrical faults....

looking foreward to many miles of happy bmw ownership.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i can get a pic in the morning.....the rest of the seats just need a good clean and feed with leather restorer.....being a light grey, the grain in the leather looks dirty.
its the bolster on the drivers seat that really needs sorting......its lost some of the colour and has a small tear...roughly 1/2 inch long.

Registered
i can get a pic in the morning.....the rest of the seats just need a good clean and feed with leather restorer.....being a light grey, the grain in the leather looks dirty.
its the bolster on the drivers seat that really needs sorting......its lost some of the colour and has a small tear...roughly 1/2 inch long.
I restored my own leather seats (did all the grunt work and got them to the point they needed to be painted). Then took them down to the local leather restorer who charged me 拢35 per seat to spray them to a colour match 馃憤

the repair is the easy part but is time consuming, as long as you have a bit of trust in yourself and do the donkey work first you鈥檒l save a fortune just getting someone to spray them.
I used this video and it鈥檚 fairly easy to do when you get the hang of it after 10 minutes

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I restored my own leather seats (did all the grunt work and got them to the point they needed to be painted). Then took them down to the local leather restorer who charged me 拢35 per seat to spray them to a colour match 馃憤

the repair is the easy part but is time consuming, as long as you have a bit of trust in yourself and do the donkey work first you鈥檒l save a fortune just getting someone to spray them.
I used this video and it鈥檚 fairly easy to do when you get the hang of it after 10 minutes

That looks like a promising option,will have to look into this a bit more (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

That looks like a promising option,will have to look into this a bit more (y)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts