BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First post and hope I don`t seem foolish but....my 2015 420d M sport has twin xenon lights but I can`t see from the handbook when both will come on. The outers come on automatically in bad light/dark and the full beam seems to come from the outers too. When do the inner pair come on and is it automatic or do I control them from the cabin ?

Also, not sure if I have adaptive lighting either...is it standard ?

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well, suspected as much....gutted though, seems a lot of work for purely cosmetic reasons. Must be keeping the BMW look from the past when old technology meant double lights made a difference. New tech means one is probably more efficient than the two in the old days.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Try https://www.bmwvin.com/ or realoem.com with your VIN and see if either can tell what it is you have.

I have adaptive xenons, noticeable enough for a car load of passengers to be be amused when driving down twisty roads with trees :)

Noticed in an underground carpark (glass pedestrian exit doors), the other has a slight yellowy glow when you turn into sharp corners, can't imagine it add much to the light situation what with the amount put out by xenons...!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts