BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I know I have a diesel engine, but my mate (wait for it your going to faint) has a ford fiesta and want to know what he can do to clean engine out and get better mpg, a bit like Miller Diesel which is used by me etc and probably by others on this forum?

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Forte and Wynns both do a good fuel injection system cleaner amongst many others. Can't remember the name of the Forte product but the Wynns is Injection Power 3, I think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My experience of those chemicals is not really very good! They dont really work and can some times cause problems! best thing i think you can do is a good service with a good quality oil! Keep changing it regularly and you will find that after a while the oil will stay clear looking for longer insted of going black

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I have perosnally found that such additives are a waste of money. I have used Wynns Professional and Forte in the past.

If you suspect that you fuel injection/carbs etc need cleaning out then this is always the best way forward. Petrol is generally very clean to start with. I would ensure the fuel filter is changed (many get neglected at service intervals). If you have injectors or carbs, take tem out and manually clean them. This will provide the optimum gains.

If you use additives, its best to use them either as directed, or just use half a bottle per full tank, this will ensure that the petrol is not diluted too much, as many people also use a full bottle of such additives with just a 1/4-1/2 tank of fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts