BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just got my new motor and the rear 17" Bridgestone Potenzas are looking a bit thin on tread.

Can you please let me know the best RFT replacements for these?

Would like some good tyres on, but don't want specific winter tyres as will keep the same ones on all year. Snow on road = work from home.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
in my opinion the best Run Flat tyres are the premium tyres.

My previous car 2008 320d MSport had slightly bigger tyres than yours, I had 18inch alloys fitted with Michelin Sport PS2.
I had good tyre mileages from these, in excess of 30k miles the comfort factor was good and noise minimum.

I had Michelin Sport Run Flat tyres for 6 years and recommend them.
Obviously it depends on how you drive, but they were an excellent tyre for grip & stopping especially in the wet.

When in snow, rear drive cars are not as good as a front wheel drive.

My current car 3 series F30, has 18inch alloys fitted with Goodyear Efficiency Runflats, again the ride is excellent with very little noise, and very good handling.

I believe the Bridgestone Potenzas Run flats are a very noisey, and not as good as the more expensive premium tyres, from what others have said.

No doubt other members will tell you to remove Run Flat tyres and fit conventional tyres, all down to personal choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sparkrace,

Thanks for that. I do want to keep the RFTs, though I know many will disagree.
I will take a look at the Michelin Sports as you suggest. The Potenzas on at the moment don't seem too loud, but I haven't heard it with anything else, so no comparison.

Thanks for the advice,
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts