BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a while trawling through threads and cannot decide on the best replacement panel air filter, some people go K&N whereas others say they are too oily and to go for a pipercross.

Should I remove the baffles in the airbox or leave them?

Any advice would be appreciated as I want to order one for my first service on the new motor.

·
Registered
773 Posts
baffled

what does de baffle mean what do u do guys i have a cone on but i think its restricting now thinking of putting factory back in ,,,and i see this post about de baffle any pics anyone i have e46 compact 316ti 2003 :confused

·
Registered
225 Posts
Debaffling is the process of removing the "trumpet" from the airbox,some say this allows more air to circulate in the airbox,and makes a kind of induction roar-but the whole point of the baffle is to reduce air turbulence, so not really a good idea in my opinion:)
i'm quite sure the tefals at BMW put it there for a good reason:thumbsup

·
Registered
459 Posts
Personally I would go for Green Cotton filters:

I have been using them with all my cars and never seen a problem - no where near as oiled as K&N and various other air filters out there. Also find that the Green Cotton filters are one of the best priced too :)

What year is your 318?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Debaffling is the process of removing the "trumpet" from the airbox,some say this allows more air to circulate in the airbox,and makes a kind of induction roar-but the whole point of the baffle is to reduce air turbulence, so not really a good idea in my opinion:)
i'm quite sure the tefals at BMW put it there for a good reason:thumbsup
Quite right!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts