BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bugger.

I was caught speeding (whining w&nker was on about it only being 2mph off going to court - yeah but i'm not mush so fcuk off)

Cie La Vie.

But. One of his rear light clusters was not working. Can i still be done by a policeman/car that isnt roadworthy?

I took a photo of his car, so i have evidence.

Amos

·
Registered
602 Posts
You still broke the law no matter what condition their car is in!

''Hello mr speeder, you broke the law, but i have a dodgy bulb, so off you go and enjoy your evening''

LOL

:)

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
technically they shouldn't have been on the road in the first place...

Doubt you'll get away with it though :rofl

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not just a bulb.

Full cluster wasnt working.

I just thought that they had to be in roadworthy vehicles to be able to legally perform acts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Id give it a go! Followed a cop car for about half an hour just for the smug feeling pulling up next to him an say 'oi mate youve got a tail light out!'
Take it to court? Guess the worst that can happen is you still get the points

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
technically they shouldn't have been on the road in the first place...

Doubt you'll get away with it though :rofl
Nah, 54 in a 30.......i'm clutching at straws really.

Stupid thing is, i was doing 30 through the village, and then once out of the village and in sight of the 60 limit i accelerated and he was parked up about 2 metres in front of post behind a tree.

My Mrs had a right go at me. Lol. Not because i was speeding, but because my numberplate is nearly non existant due to dirt. Lol......

.......Amos

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Not just a bulb.

Full cluster wasnt working.

I just thought that they had to be in roadworthy vehicles to be able to legally perform acts.
No chance at all mate. If you been given a fixed-penalty - take it. The alternative is to go to court, lose and get a higher fine and the 'victim surcharge' on top.....and waste a day's holiday!

Are you sure the speed limit was correct though? A long shot, but speed limits are not always correct - although it seems like you were along way over anyway!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
i would just take the points as wouldnt they throw the book at you in court for just going lol.

+24 mph would they not try a dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention penalty on you which will be worse than a simple speeding fine and points

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright Neal.

Yeah, its definately a 30.......so not much of an argument there.

As for wasting a days holiday for nil chance of a win........maybe not a good idea.

What on earth is a victim surcharge?

·
BFuk Resident Design Guru
2,834 Posts
I did 50 in a 30 dual carriage way and they made me go to court and got 4 points and a 180 fine!!!! BASTARDS! 'Sorry sir your too fast for an on the spot fine.. the procurator fiscale will decide your fate.. mr boyracer in an 09 plate mini' TWAAAAT!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would just take the points as wouldnt they throw the book at you in court for just going lol.

+24 mph would they not try a dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention penalty on you which will be worse than a simple speeding fine and points
Nah.

+26 mph and they would take me to court for something or other. Have already got Dangerous Driving on my licence.....and i dont think they could get +26 to stick with dangerous.

£60......thats like a meal out for two at the local indian. Bit miffed at that to be honest.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did 50 in a 30 dual carriage way and they made me go to court and got 4 points and a 180 fine!!!! BASTARDS! 'Sorry sir your too fast for an on the spot fine.. the procurator fiscale will decide your fate.. mr boyracer in an 09 plate mini' TWAAAAT!
You have to be doing 56 in a 30 to go to court ben. Are you sure it wasnt a 10mph speed limit or a 30 limit and you were doing 65?

Lol

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
I got done on a speed camera a few years ago 56 in a 50, sent all the letters back to them admitting fault and they issued more papers to me to complete, totally forgot to send tham and it got to a point where it was so late, I didn't bother at all and just thought I'd blag it if it ever caught up with me, it has never caught up with me to this day and my license has been back to Swansea for a replacement and it didn't come back with anything about this one so I think I'm one of the jammy ones that got away with it.

Bet that makes you feel loads better Amos (sorry :thumbsup)

·
2,834 Posts
You have to be doing 56 in a 30 to go to court ben. Are you sure it wasnt a 10mph speed limit or a 30 limit and you were doing 65?

Lol
No i was doing exactly 50mph in a 30 zone and they said the procuator fiscal have to decide as i was going too fast for an on the spot fine. I then received a letter stating i had to go to court.. where i got ass raped!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I then received a letter stating i had to go to court.. where i got ass raped!
Did you write a letter back afterwards saying:

Dear Court People

Thank you for ass raping me......i really enjoyed it.......especially when you kept shouting at me "Whats ma name bitch" and i had to reply "Judy Judy with a strap-on"

Lots of love

Ben

:rofl

·
2,834 Posts
Did you write a letter back afterwards saying:

Dear Court People

Thank you for ass raping me......i really enjoyed it.......especially when you kept shouting at me "Whats ma name bitch" and i had to reply "Judy Judy with a strap-on"

Lots of love

Ben

:rofl
Something on the lines of that yes. But i never got a reply! :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts