BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent BBC announcements on cutbacks What comedy series would you most like to see a comeback.
A lot of the ones i would like to see will probably stay in the archives gathering dust due to "not being pc" but i would love the young ones aired again.
Let's have your choices:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Only Fools and Horses, Bottom, Steptoe and son, theres loads:)

Bought the Fawlty Towers and Porridge sets a few months ago, classic comedy imo:hihi

Didnt know till i bought it that theres only 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only Fools and Horses, Bottom, Steptoe and son, theres loads:)

Bought the Fawlty Towers and Porridge sets a few months ago, classic comedy imo:hihi

Didnt know till i bought it that theres only 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers
lmao at the sign in front of the hotel in one episode that read flowery [email protected]:rofl:rofl:rofl how the hell did they get away with that:jaw-dropping

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would also like to see all of Kenny Everett's shows:hihi It was years down the road that i realised cupid stunt was an anagram :rofl:rofl:rofl

·
Registered
217 Posts
Q.
The Good life.
The Goon show.

That is all.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm with ya on the good life (although it's still been shown anyway) but i never really thought the goons were funny.
"He's fallen in the water!"
Who would be your modern day Felicity K? :thumbsup

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"He's fallen in the water!"
Who would be your modern day Felicity K? :thumbsup
OK some of the goons stuff was funny but not much in my opinion it was just too stupid for my taste.Help,I've got my head stuck in the cupboard :rofl

Ahhh,Felicity Kendal,Had a few wet dreams over her:hihi but i can't think of many modern day replacements but the bird (sexist i know:hihi)in the first series of not going out did it for me:thumbsup

·
Registered
781 Posts
Most of the good ones are still regularly shown on Gold, Dave or some other Satellite channel anyway. I thought until recently that I'd like to see the Goodies rerun but I watched a clip show of them earlier this year and with one or two exceptions, I didn't laugh much as the humour had dated badly. I do remember laughing hard at most of it when first screened in the 70's though.

Who could forget however:

http://youtu.be/pXq8rELhUkw

·
Registered
71 Posts
old sit coms

Dads Army -
never really got it when I was younger but it's really grown on me.
does anyone remember the episode when the German U Boat crew was in the Church Hall, giving their fish & chip orders to Mainwarings Troops :
U Boat Commander:cool (to Corporal Pike) " und vot is your name ?? "
Mainwaring :mad ( annoyed / interrupting) " don't tell him, Pike ! " :hihi
had to be seen, I suppose,
A bygone, long gone era. :frown
Now, it's all reality crap shows and Ant & Dec, who in my humble opinion are well and truly approaching their Sell-By date, :sarcastic but that's just me.....

Eddie Hitler xx

·
Registered
217 Posts
Anyone seen Mrs Slocombes pussy lately? :jaw-dropping

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was a pi$$ take of Enid Blytons famous five but it was on channel 5 in the early days and the signal was crap so never to this day have i seen it.That had Ade Edmundson amongst others in it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Already far to much repeats,the bbc is like a dose of your wifes bad cooking !!!!!!!!!!:rofl:rofl:rofl
call me a sour puss but we should be complainin not looking for the next re-run,they already make millions selling their "over run hashed" programs to sky,virgin who ever will pay the money for them

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Already far to much repeats,the bbc is like a dose of your wifes bad cooking !!!!!!!!!!:rofl:rofl:rofl
call me a sour puss but we should be complainin not looking for the next re-run,they already make millions selling their "over run hashed" programs to sky,virgin who ever will pay the money for them
:lol Sour puss.There ya go i called ya bluff:rofl:rofl:rofl

1 - 20 of 34 Posts