BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my BMW 530d touring here yesterday for a sprint event. Got to say it isnt that bad on track, but the brakes are scary bad!! I had them almost on fire after each 3/4 mile lap lol. I only did 4 laps then went drifting on the other circuit. Best time tho was 63.5 seconds, fastest BMW of the day and only a second behind the winning car. There wasnt a lot more in it tho, 1 second would have taken some catching!

Any one else done BH??

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Took my BMW 530d touring here yesterday for a sprint event. Got to say it isnt that bad on track, but the brakes are scary bad!! I had them almost on fire after each 3/4 mile lap lol. I only did 4 laps then went drifting on the other circuit. Best time tho was 63.5 seconds, fastest BMW of the day and only a second behind the winning car. There wasnt a lot more in it tho, 1 second would have taken some catching!

Any one else done BH??
:hihi

Nice work :D

I bet that was crazy in the touring!!! no wonder the brakes had to work hard if you thrashed it within an inch of its life around the track :D

Maybe it would be worth upgrading to some better quality brake pads (competition ones) and also upgrading the brake fluid to competition stuff with a high boiling point is the way forward :thumbsup

Drilled or grooved disks would also be wise.

Cheap modifications and they will transform the braking of your car the next time you do a track day!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The BMW is mt support car tbh, I tow my Toyota to and from events and sleep in the back if its an over night stay/2 day event. My Toyota wasnt finished after the winter ready for this race so as I had paid for track time I went for it. Normaly I run 55s in the Toyota but was pleased with a 63 in the BMW!
Cant see me modding the touring really, perhaps a remap but power is worthless at BH, handling is what you need there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.