BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I know the fuel prices are hurting us all but one thing I have noticed there are some very reasonable M5, 5.0 V10 for sale. Lots of 2006 models for around the £20,000 mark, that seems cheap for 60 grands worth of car, great if you can afford the fuel, insurance and maintenance costs. Whether you would keep your licence for long is another matter.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Me too. Consumption about the same for me - but they can become fragile around the 40-60k mile mark, so finding a good-un might not be so easy. I've looked at lots of ads and it's interesting how many have had warranty replacements for major parts!

·
Registered
206 Posts
serious cars for the money though , what would the tax be on an M5 ??

·
Registered
206 Posts
thats cheap over here if its pre 2008 its € 1566 for any car bigger than a 3.2 litre and after 08 its € 2000 for any car emitting more than 225 grams of co2 :frown makes owning a big engined car very pricey

·
Registered
155 Posts
thats cheap over here if its pre 2008 its € 1566 for any car bigger than a 3.2 litre and after 08 its € 2000 for any car emitting more than 225 grams of co2 :frown makes owning a big engined car very pricey
Whats insurance and fuel costs like there?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
If you get an early one (pre April 2005 I think) it's £230. After than it's 'lots'.....
Yeah I just noticed how lucky I got with the year as I've just taxed mine, thank fook for me being a cheap skate and buying a 2004 car!! :hihi

·
Registered
728 Posts
£255 for taxing meJulie ..... I thought that was bad.

I'd love an m5 .... but the combined costs kill the prospect for me. Still I'd take the e39 guise over the e60 guise anyday just doesn't seem to have the same wow factor :embarrassed

·
Registered
206 Posts
Whats insurance and fuel costs like there?

varies but fuel is about 145.9 per litre and insurance differs for everyone so hard to tell but its not cheap for first time drivers thousands and thousands , for me at 27 insureing a 2001 m5 would cost 1700:frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Great cars but only bargains until the first time they break.

Aren't the, prone to fail ,MAFs on the E39s 250 quid each of which there are two?!?

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Great cars but only bargains until the first time they break.

Aren't the, prone to fail ,MAFs on the E39s 250 quid each of which there are two?!?
there's a lot more than that :eek:eek spin main crank shells, mafs, carbon build up in chambers, you name it can have a problem, but like any car they all go wrong at some piont but if you want a 400bhp beast then thats the price you pay:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
The shame of it!! Wait until Seb/Daily Doggy read this...........

Go stand in the sludger naughty corner for such sacrilage...
il get the soap you hold his mouth open....:censored
figure of speach dear chaps, no derv car in my yard only me van:rofl:rofl

1 - 20 of 51 Posts