BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X3 2.0D 2006 Msport Changed glow plugs changed glow plug module,changed pre fuel relay,changed DDE relay,all Cleaned EGR, what is left?? Can some one please tell me what could be left. It starts ok on the third time and runs really good but my concern is what it’s doing to the DPF??sorry about the last post??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fuel filter, Air filter, overflow fuel lines and battery condition ... Diesels like clean fuel and clean air, lots of them at some pressure delivered at the right time and BMW's especially like good volts and amps .. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel filter, Air filter, overflow fuel lines and battery condition ... Diesels like clean fuel and clean air, lots of them at some pressure delivered at the right time and BMW's especially like good volts and amps .. ;)
Thank you got your reply , the air and oil and fuel filter were changed 8 weeks ago, going to start at the beginning take the inlet manifold off and test everything again I didn’t Change the module but I watched what I could, this car is brilliant to drive but the starting concerns me. Please keep coming up with ideas i
need them , some mechs and auto elecs don’t want to know??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you got your reply , the air and oil and fuel filter were changed 8 weeks ago, going to start at the beginning take the inlet manifold off and test everything again I didn’t Change the module but I watched what I could, this car is brilliant to drive but the starting concerns me. Please keep coming up with ideas i
need them , some mechs and auto elecs don’t want to know??
could some do me a hand drawing from the glowplug to were ever it finishes not asking for a master piece just a hand drawn one so I can follow the dam thing?? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2002 3.0 diesel sport Model it's hard to start when cold cranks too much I've changed cam shaft sensors also changed Crank shaf sensor now its telling me it's fuel rail pressure fault I've changed fuel rail sensor no difference any suggestions
Car has also started to go into fail safe mode nor going into 4rh or 4th gear Gearbox is good oil changed and filter etc No clunk's ie noises No slipping has just started this what's the ideas on that also any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You have a bad injector or 2.
Get a leak-off test done.
Had the same on my 2002 3.0d x5.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have a bad injector or 2.
Get a leak-off test done.
Had the same on my 2002 3.0d x5.
Hi in the end I spoke to a BMW mech he told me to take the fuel rain front sensor plug off and try it in the morning, it started perfectly so I went and got a sensor £180 from BMW I was not putting EBay parts on it because you could end up with another duff one!!! It starts first time now, I changed 2 relays the light blue one and the light green one (behind the fuses) it’s the middle one, I was getting ready to Bon mine it drove me mad but it’s ok, if you like the car then it’s worth spending money on it. Good luck and do everything people tell you to do on here you will find the problem don’t let the motor get you down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts