BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had these codes appear today. I've no swirl flaps so dunno why the first one appeared and I understand the other codes imply a sort of limp mode ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

How long has the car had the new map running for?
About 6 weeks. Car had originally being down on power. Turbo actuator suspected. Told to drive it easy until mechanic looked at it.

Recommend to replace whole turbo at cost of 1k euro but no guarantee it would fix issue. Have since blanked EGR and replaced map sensor as process of elimination and have noticed an improvement after 1800 rpm however I now noticed hesitation today when overtaking car after 3k RPM.

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
664 Posts
About 6 weeks. Car had originally being down on power. Turbo actuator suspected. Told to drive it easy until mechanic looked at it.

Recommend to replace whole turbo at cost of 1k euro but no guarantee it would fix issue. Have since blanked EGR and replaced map sensor as process of elimination and have noticed an improvement after 1800 rpm however I now noticed hesitation today when overtaking car after 3k RPM.
Do you have like a bluey, white smoke coming out from the exhaust? How many miles has the turbo covered with the engine? Does the car sound a bit louder than what it was before under acceleration after symptoms had developed, apart feeling a lot slower?

Sometimes it could be down to a bad map, it might not happen straight away but further down the line, say 3 months, the symptoms starts to show. I.e the car is being over boosted and not getting enough fuel in when accelerating causing the car to go into limp mode or showing signs of hesitation. That’s the most common signs of a bad map

·
Vendor
4,457 Posts
Whereabouts are you I take it you have a 2.0L n47 engine

Your car has not been remapped correctly as I see this a lot

BW chiptune

-Tuning BMWs since 1991
-Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
-Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
-New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
-BMW Ecu repairs.
-EGR programmed to stay closed all the time
-NOX sensor problem causing Missfire in mornings/rough running programmed out
-BMW remote Keys made and cut same day
-Key data fixed in EWS or CAS for non starters or when theft attempted.
-Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
-Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
-DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal
-40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Unit 8&9
alpha industrial estate
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+34643890040
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have like a bluey, white smoke coming out from the exhaust? How many miles has the turbo covered with the engine? Does the car sound a bit louder than what it was before under acceleration after symptoms had developed, apart feeling a lot slower?

Sometimes it could be down to a bad map, it might not happen straight away but further down the line, say 3 months, the symptoms starts to show. I.e the car is being over boosted and not getting enough fuel in when accelerating causing the car to go into limp mode or showing signs of hesitation. That’s the most common signs of a bad map

No smoke that I know of no. Have to assume it's the original turbo which would be about 115k miles. I've noticed it's a bit louder when cruising on the motorway but I was putting that down to the dpf being gutted as it was done at the same time.

I'm probably going to get him to remove the remap and just leave the EGR and dpf ones......then just sell the car this summer as it's causing me nothing but grief.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whereabouts are you I take it you have a 2.0L n47 engine

Your car has not been remapped correctly as I see this a lot
Yeah it's the 177bhp model. 2008 e90 automatic.

I'm located in Dublin. If I was in UK I'd of probably paid you a visit by this stage 😅.

Like I've two theories now as to what's going on but could be wrong.

1 - Down 30bhp before remap on dyno, turbo actuator suspected, remap still applied (I probably should of told him to hold off until I got issue sorted but he done it as he was doing dpf file at same time), egr blanked and new map sensor seems to have improved problem. Now car is running at appropriate power (I think) but map is causing issue.

2- turbo actuator or variable vanes are indeed causing issue but instead of the under boost I was getting I'm now getting overboosting ? That even possible ?

I'm just confused about them codes though. Do they imply that there's too much power in general or that the limiter was never adjusted in the remap to allow said power ?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts