BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a load of cleaning products any advice before I give them a go?

Leather cleaner
Leather balm
Fast glass
Wheel clean
Tyre dressing
Vinyl and rubber

Turtle wax shampoo

Cheers guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just washed and cleaned mine and give it a good wax with the autoglym HD wax and it looking really well IMO,but its each to there own in what ppl use!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i have AG deep shine for black cars - good stuff

·
Registered
488 Posts
Got the fast glass! Brilliant. Also use the shampoo. Got the hd wax as well but never used it and since bought some colli so dont think it will ever get used

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
im not really into AG stuff, bit over rated

AG - SRP
AG - Glass polish are both good tho

leather cleaner, didnt think it was as good as others i have used
vinyl and rubber, again others i have used are better
shampoo was rubbish

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
There are so many decent products out there on the market :cool

TBH I use mainly AG products but have used others and they are just as good. I really rate megs gold glass shampoo and wouldnt use anything else now!

Having said that I really like AG fast glass and always use that stuff.

My cupboards full of AG stuff, like Simon said its decent when halfords do 3 for 2, even better when they do buy 1 get 1 free :hihi :hihi

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just used the vinyl cleaner on my faded dash/seat backs etc, worked a treat! I will post some pics later on. Also magic sponged steering wheel seemed to remove a lot of dirt, took the shine off it bit now I can see where the leather is wearing! Should I nourish the leather on steering wheel? Also wheel clean worked well. I cleaned then conditioned the drivers seat, you could see dirt coming off but not much difference afterwards. Pics to follow

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Super Resin polish has fillers in it which fills the swirl marks etc. Its only hiding the swirl marks and not removing them

Best solution is to remove the swirl marks, then seal the paint with a suitable paint sealer such as Poorboys EX-P then wax it will Collinite 476 or similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to detail/valet cars for a living and AG products do have their place in the market, as said above, the SRP fills swirls and is really a very mild polish but you can't argue with the finish it leaves.

SRP followed by colly or meguires #16 wax will last a good while :thumbsup

Or try the AG extra gloss protection after the polish, its a fairly good sealant and helps the finish last much longer.

·
Banned
163 Posts
anyone tried any of the dodo juice range, a friend has a mint 2007 st focus in orange and the guy he had it off only ever used dodo juice, and paintwork looked amazing!!! im on verge of buying a pot of blue velvet for dark coloured cars to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
anyone tried any of the dodo juice range, a friend has a mint 2007 st focus in orange and the guy he had it off only ever used dodo juice, and paintwork looked amazing!!! im on verge of buying a pot of blue velvet for dark coloured cars to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i bought some supernatural a while back and compared with the collinite its totally diffrent,

at £70 a pot, which you get less than the colli in, i wasnt planning on buying anouther pot, but now ive used it i will buy it again

I bought dodo juice's red mist the other week as well, and im really impressed with that too, i bought the smaller bottle ... should of bought the larger bottle lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts