BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi the passenger front window won’t go up automatically all the way.
I think it’s a figment issue against the rear window as it all works fine if the rear is open slightly. Any suggestions
TIA

·
Super Moderator
3,381 Posts
Been there, done that!

The fault is due to the door latch - it thinks the door is open and so does not put the window up the final inch (so the door can be closed) - but mine was due to water getting into the inline connector and WD40 eventually sorted it out. Watch the complete video and it will all become clear!

However, if it does go up with the rear window dropped then try some Gummi Phledge on the seals, that will sort it out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for your speedy response. Sorry I don’t think I explained my issue very well. When opening and closing the door the window opens and shuts as it should. My issue is when raising the window using the switches. It’s seems to be to tight and triggers the safety override and lowers the window when its going up automatically. The window will raise all the way if you keep the button pressed or lower the rear window slightly.
I have tried to attach a video but unfortunatley it doesnt seem to work.

Edit
Gummy phledge

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Silicone spray i used on my window runners/guides whatever you call them when my windows where sticking tight at the top.
Good on seatbelt's if they are slow retracting as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts