BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking with the flood of new shape (F10 in particular) BMWs coming on to the market are we going to see a drop in prices for older models (E60)?

Any opinions as Im thinking of upgrading my 525D to a 535D.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
I reckon the market will drop further as both dealers and private sellers need to liquidate the assets and new models won't shift for similar reasons (plus credit restrictions etc). Larger cars will be affect more as even those less affected by the recession may simply trade-down.

I'm not familiar with the E60 diesels so can't comment on 525 vs 535 (apart from the obvious!)

·
Registered
72 Posts
After 3 years a car tends to lose 45-55% of it's value dependent on mileage, condition and spec. etc.

With the added strain of the economical crisis and supply outstripping demand for higher engined cars, you can expect to see prices dropping hugely. However, many sellers (not private) tend to offer exclusive deals instead of bargaining on price, that way they're not losing out on profit. E60's are still holding their prices, but that's mainly the LCI's. Pre LCI cars will experience huge value depreciation, particularly models which are not in demand (larger engined).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts