BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my mots due at the end of may and it came to my mind the other day about my hids are they a failure i think their 6000k their not super bright that you blind everyone but i thought id ask as i know some of you members are mot testers and il have time to change them if needed i will thank you all in advance cheers guys

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
589 Posts
Its really down to the MOT tester, but if you are concerned then remove them and fit standard bulbs for the MOT :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
its not the law yet but if they have not got a leveler on the suspension and headlamp wash it will be a fail. dont know when its coming but it will be soon and also air bag is as well. i done a vosa course other week for hgv inspections + class 4 and 7
but at the moment if the beam is ok it will pass

·
Registered
378 Posts
Really does depend on the tester

Mine passed a week ago :thumbsup
adjust the beams down low if they dazzle at all.

They should have shrouds to stop the reflector blasting light everywhere :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
They have always passed on our MINI Cooper when it has gone in for test... But having said that, it is always down to the discretion of the MOT tester.:thumbsup

I believe that they will be an MOT failure later this year without suitable shrouds, headlamp levelling and headlamp wash...:frown

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
You telling me that I will NEED to install Headlamp washers?????

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
There's nothing in the book saying you can fail them!

I'm going to get bored one day of saying this........but.......

:lol

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Providing the pattern/cutoff is fine then you can't fail them for not having washers, or self levelling. Grrrrrrrr

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

But isn't there some sort of note about changing this in the near future Mr Ronnie?:confused

·
Registered
282 Posts
the main bloke told me if it was not specked for that vehicle it will not pass eg.....a 94 l plate with hids fitted or a 99 plate clio. dont know how they will acess info but i thing it will show up on the vsi when they log on to the test ......but thats what i got told bu the bloke who writes the book !!!!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
But isn't there some sort of note about changing this in the near future Mr Ronnie?:confused
Possibly, I've had nothing through at present though, there are rumblings yes. But until then.........

There's nothing in the book saying you can fail them! :rofl:mad:lol:mad:hihi:mad:D

Tow bar wiring is a different matter though, ;) that is going to be coming in for sure, :hihi

·
Registered
282 Posts

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Providing the pattern/cutoff is fine then you can't fail them for not having washers, or self levelling. Grrrrrrrr
yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Possibly, I've had nothing through at present though, there are rumblings yes. But until then.........

There's nothing in the book saying you can fail them! :rofl:mad:lol:mad:hihi:mad:D

Tow bar wiring is a different matter though, ;) that is going to be coming in for sure, :hihi
That's OK, not got a towbar.:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 28 Posts