BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
144 Posts
just wondered if these would be legal in an e46 and would it pass mot as looking at the 8000k kit on ebay.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks kev i have self leveling headlights already dont know if they have washers though how much are the shrouds kev?

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o right that must mean they are a no go then thats a shame:(

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks kev.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i am considering a hid kit for the fto as the lights are shocking and one is dead some where there is a wiring problem which looking at saturday. What is a good price for the 6000k kit?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
VOSA will have a field day with all these dodgy aftermarket HID's soon..:hihi:hihi

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I ordered 8000k over 6000k as they were on offer :hihi:hihi

TBH I was a little worried as the majority of people go for 6000k. But there not as bright as I expected. I wouldnt really say there was a massive difference between them. A couple of members on here I spoke to prior to purchasing have used both in the past and said the same...:thumbsup

VOSA will have a field day with all these dodgy aftermarket HID's soon..:hihi:hihi
Thats the beauty of being able to just screw in your old halogens ;) Or having a MOT tester who isnt a gIt! :hihi:hihi

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i got blinded by a typical poorly fitted set this morning driving home from work, a feckin pain in the arse some of em i felt like getting out and [email protected] the young punk..

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
i got blinded by a typical poorly fitted set this morning driving home from work, a feckin pain in the arse some of em i felt like getting out and [email protected] the young punk..
I get blinded by everyone, if you cant beat them join them :D

Would never go back to halogens.

6000K will be whiter than 8000k mate and hence better visibility. OEM temperature is around 4300K.
I was after a more blue light, so am happy. :thumbsup iirc chasman had 10000k fog lights on his old e36 and they were very purple :hihi

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
You can't fail them on a MOT at present, but other Euro countries are, so wouldn't be surprised if it does come in, over any other rumours.
December this year iirc mate. There was that thread posted a month or two back detailing changes. I think things like airbag lights are also going to be a FAIL :frown

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
December this year iirc mate. There was that thread posted a month or two back detailing changes. I think things like airbag lights are also going to be a FAIL :frown
Meh, some of it won't come in, but airbags and HID's I can see coming in. The other stuff would be too tricky to regulate.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My old 330ci sport passed its lat mot in my ownership with 8k, but i knew the bloke who did it :hihi. I currently use 6k, they project alot more light onto the road as they are whiter in colour and don't look im driving around in a blue lighted corsa :lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts