BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Anyone help the new boy?

681 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RYM 
#1 ·
Hi all
Pretty new to this but I have a really niggly problem with my BMW that I hope is pretty easy for someone who knows their cars to fix...

Just to introduce myself, I'm driving a 330is tourer 2003 with 50,000 on the clock. It's a fantastic car - returned from a skiing trip in France yesterday where she sat in -15 weather, covered in snow all week and started on the first key turn.

Anyway, the rear wash (housed in the top spolier) seems to have been disconnected from the actual external nozzle, meaning that the water is pouring out from a gap under the spoiler - obviously not good and not really helping to clean the rear window. Looks like I need to lift up or remove the top spoiler so I can reconnect the nozzle... but that's my problem, I can't see how to remove the spoiler to get to it?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. And if possible, can you use baby language as I really am new to all this - just sick of paying the £300 plus it will cost me at a BMW garage...

Thanks all in advance...

#5 ·
Is the spoiler attached to the roof or the rear hatch?

I would imagine if it's the roof then you'll need to remove the headlining completely. Don't try to just pull down on the rear of the headlining because if it's anything like the E36 then there are two lugs that support the rear and the rest is held up by the pillar sections that cover around the doors and front windscreen.

I can easily get you a picture of an E36 headlining to give you an idea as I have one for a coupe in my living room:rofl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.