BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys:thumbsup
Its time for me to change the tyres on my 316 e36 coupe.
Been doing my homework on this one and spent about 4 days reading different reviews and forums. My tyre choice been norrowed down to 3 tires with some helpfull advice from local garage.

Toyo T1R
Yokohama S.Drive
Vredistein Ultrac

So far, Im leaning abit more to the Toyo's becuase of good responses about them and the cheaper price.
Anyone had any experiance with those tyres? Could you give your opinions please.
Im mainly looking for really good grip in dry and improved grip in the wet at relatively high speeds and tight corners.
Been put off the goodyears, michilins and pirellis. Alot of people said they werent worth the money. And personal experiance with the P600's on the front of my motor.....bad understeer:frown

thank you for your attention, any opinions and dvice is more then welcome:thumbsup

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had Vredestein on my Porsche as they are Very Good in the Wet...(We Know how these Rear wheel drive Monsters spin....especially on a roundabout..)
They are Good Allround Tyres..in my Opinion...and those on the Porsche Forum who recommended them to me
The Others I have no knowledge

·
Registered
21 Posts
yokos are awesome tyres and iv heard good things about toyo but never had them as i have a friend who deals in yokos so get them cheaper. iv had s306 on a mk2 golf they were very good and lasted forever, i had A539 on my e30 i couldnt believe how good they were in the wet and they lasted well too and they were very very good in the dry, but by far the best tyre i have had was the PARADA i had them on my tuned e30 325i (247 bhp at wheels) i had them in 19s. wet and dry they were amazing but they were fairly soft so dont last too long. i would go with the A539s to me they are the perfect all around tyre. when i had these my mate had toyos on his golf mk2 tuned, i felt the yokos where better but maybe the bm was better than the golf haha. hope this helps, if your interested you could pm me sizes and il get a quote or pass you there number

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd recommend the Toyo's, had them on my Impreza and thye were very predictable in the wet, most tyres can be pushed in the dry but the Toyo's will give you warning if they are about to let go. Have to say I've only had experience of them on FWD and AWD vehicles though:thumbsup

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had Vredistein's on my pug 205 many moons ago and they were pretty good in the wet.

The Yoko`s on my M5 are not so good, I get lots of wheels spin when crossing white lines and overbanding when giving it some berries in 4th gear ie 100 plus and is therefore slightly scary.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Everyday driving? Toyo.

Reading the road, pushing youself to the limits (without speeding)? Yokohama.

It's your choice we won't make up your mind for you.:lol

Look for hazards ahead and you don't need to spend £200 per tyre.

Me, Yokohamas. If they do your size.

(When I say limits I don't mean hard agressive driving, I mean how could I have taken that last corner smoother, and did I see the last hazard sign kind of thing)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got the vredstein ultrac sessenta fitted on my 330ci and they are really goood...had dunlops on b4 and didnt rate them at all....worth the vredsteins...

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Ive heard very goods reports on the Toyo's.
I need tyres soon and the guys have recommended them to me over every thing elses they sell. :thumbsup

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had t1s on my 205 and they were pretty good. I found them better in the wet then my mates t1rs. Not many places sell them anymore but last time i checked demon tweeks still had them in most sizes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.