BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New here so heelllloo!

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a 2005 525d basic model and nothing fancy. Tiny little alloys ??. I've just removed my inlet manifold to change my glow plugs. Everything went well apart from now my anti shudder valve appears to not be working ? which attaches to the egr valve. I've seen it move a couple of times but now It doesn't even activate when removing the connecter from the bonnet sensor. It always did before. Now, Thinking back I remember the connector that connects to inlet manifold on the right hand side had another connector on the same loom just below Which wasn't connected to anything. I just presumed it was something to do with the swirl flaps and left it as these have been removed. I don't remember disconnecting this connector. But maybe I did ?... Honestly not sure ?. What's it for? Is it needed for the anti shudder valve to work? I've used carly for BMW and I'm getting error code 004687 which after a little research points to the anti shudder valve. I've double checked the connections to the valve. Connector and vacume hose are both connected. The car deffintly turns off quicker and sometimes with a slight shudder. I know these valves can get oil in the electrics and am thinking removing the inlet manifold helped to wards this when laying on on the ground (upside down)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update. I had tried deleting this error but it kept coming back. Last night however I deleted the error, switched off the engine and left it over night. Drove it to work in the morning and read the codes again. This time the error was gone. I'm Hoping leaving it for a long period of time after deleting errors has solved it. I know carly for bmw suggest leaving the engine off for 30 seconds. Fingers crossed ?. Nothing has ever come up in the dash so it could possibly be a shadow code ?. Only time will tell I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts