BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening chaps,
just thought I'd better pop in and say hi.
Just joined and I'm very impressed with the cars on here.

Brief history -
I love anything quick, interesting or retro. Not a fan of new cars at all, although they somehow grow on me by the time they're old. Weird!
Massive E36 fan, infact even on the occasions I've set out to buy an E46, I've returned home with a '36

I've just bought an R reg 1997 318is in calypso red. Really wanted a 328 Sport but got sick of looking at dogs by the time this popped up and it's just so right. Original panels, paint, etc. Not bothered about speed in the slightest as this is just a daily driver, although I'll still be a fanny with it! :)

I've owned in the past a 320 coupe (grey), 328 Sport (Montreal), M3 Evo cab (estoril). All E36s.

I also own other toys but they're not relevant to this site so I won't bore you.

Anyway, really impressive site this, full of knowledge. The main thing I'm hoping to build on is my detailing skills. Getting my first DA soon. (well Crimbo!)

Cheers, looking forward to some banter! :)
Mark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mate, not far at all.
I'm down at Stockton quite a bit actually. I get my other car serviced at Nelson Porsche there. I'm good mates with Jamie the owner.

I do the Teesside Autodrome trackdays too, when they're on.

You a trackday lad or do you stick to the roads?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Would love too mate but ain't got the funds at the moment but when all my debt and stuff is paid off I am thinking of giving it a go like

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's great fun. Dangerously addictive though and bloody expensive!
I've had to kurb my habit til next year.

I think the credit crunch has got everyone by the balls and we're only just starting to enter the second bit. Not good.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Yeah ano it ain't good, when I have the cash though I will be definitely giving it a go, always wanted to but never got round to it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi lads, cheers for the welcome.

Great looking car Stu. Thinking about putting a set of amber front lenses back in mine. It's Calypso Red though so think it may suit the clears better.

Just picked up a set of Sunflowers for mine from the couriers tonight. Got them delivered to my parents as they're retired and always in but, they buggered off in their caravan didn't they! Haha.
Anyway, they look good. Needs the front dropping before I fit them though.

Bye for now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to BFUK Marky, good to see another E36 on here!

I have lots of plans for mine (below, only just bought)! Can't wait to see what you're doing.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stu - Will try and get some pics tomorrow. Just looks like a plain Jane coupe at the minute and it's filthy. I haven't started using it until I get rid of my old Volvo towcar/daily hack. The 318 is to replace that as it came with the factory fitted removable towbar, which I think was a lucky find.

Niall - Hi mate, thanks for the welcome. There seems to be a few North East lads on here. As above, I'll get some pics up soon hopefully. I need to take some "before" shots anyway, before I start getting it how I want, so some will get posted soon.

Hi Dr Tazzle - yep I'm an E36 addict. I'm sort of regretting buying the 4 pot already though and I haven't even used it yet. I had to move it today to wash my Volvo to photograph it for autotrader and I'd forgotten the BM wasn't a six pot until I started it up. :lol: If I change it though I can whip the Sunflowers off and things like that. The car is great though. As mentioned it has the towbar and also Ipod connection via a later model BMW headunit. Every single thing works too! I couldn't not buy it really, considering some of the dogs out there.
That looks like a nice clean Touring. So bloody useful too aren't they. I was keeping my eyes peeled for coupes and tourings but the coupe came up first. My mate had the 323 coupe a while back. They sound so nice don't they. Oh no, I think I'm developing cylinder envy! ;)

John - That looks bloody impressive! You're looking out of the passenger window in that second pic! I've never really got the drift thing but appreciate the skill involved. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The old advert is still on P'heads. This is it.
Thankfully it looks a darker red than in these pics.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3152816.htm

First things to do-
Lower front slightly.
New number plates.
Centre rear diffuser section. It's missing and is different due to the detachable towbar access.
M3 front lower lip for bumper.
Rear arches have just started to go. Minimal though, so I'll catch it early.
Fit Sunflowers. May leave this til after winter now. Infact if my Volvo doesn't sell, I'm going to run it over the bad weather (it's got heated seats and I don't have to wash it from November til March ;) ) then scrap it. So the 318 will just be garaged til then.

Anyway, I'll post some of my own pics soon. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts