Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 8 50.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparantly people stopped doing this in about 1985 but I thought i'd do it anyway, prior to putting on all my workmates said I need taking away in an ambulance by men in white coats and I wasn't sure how i'd react myself but now it's done i'm quite happy with it. I know it's marmite but what's the general consensus?

Before: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Alloy wheel

After: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire

So then put my mind at ease / set me on fire!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think pinstripes and "go faster" stripes can look good without being chavy, in fact I've been considering putting them on my car.

Maybe something like this...

Reactions: M3 VOB

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
On an older car with new pinstripes I don't "trust" them. They were frequently added to old cars to cover an edge from a partial respray

Reactions: M3 VOB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ACS do them too
I always loved the ACS ones however I haven't got a real Schnitzer, if you do the stripes you've got to do everything else ;)
Personally didn't want anything too strong (imo the BMW performance ones and wow how much???)

On an older car with new pinstripes I don't "trust" them. They were frequently added to old cars to cover an edge from a partial respray
I know what you mean but definately no skeletons in my baby's closet.

I bit of a mixed bag then as I said initially a bit controversial (like my WHITE rocker cover), but I welcome any bit of input - it's all about the debate.

P.S Anyone who can do coachlines by hand is probably not a man but an android who looks remarkably like a human being :jaw-dropping

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
P.S Anyone who can do coachlines by hand is probably not a man but an android who looks remarkably like a human being
Rubbish, I could do one dead easy, duck tape brush to gate post and roll car past it.

Actually for the version two I would just drill a hole, or holes, in the gate post for the brush handle(s)

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good idea with the gate post!, so as I thought pretty much split down the middle on the poll front, just over a week on and i'm still well happy with how it looks.
Again thanks for your input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts