BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks mate in my country few years ago second time recall for airbag. But didn'T go for a fix, in your country this the third time?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate in my country few years ago second time recall for airbag. But didn'T go for a fix, in your country this the third time?
Yes mate third recall. Last one I went to the useless main dealer Halliwell Jones who fit the drivers airbag so badly it would’ve deployed towards the window and not me 😬

It looked like stevie wonder had fitted it using his feet!

took it back and told them to put it right, said it looked fine to them. Called bmw U.K. and they stepped in and re-booked it back in for me and forced the dealer to sort it out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes mate third recall. Last one I went to the useless main dealer Halliwell Jones who fit the drivers airbag so badly it would’ve deployed towards the window and not me 😬

It looked like stevie wonder had fitted it using his feet!

took it back and told them to put it right, said it looked fine to them. Called bmw U.K. and they stepped in and re-booked it back in for me and forced the dealer to sort it out.
It is utterly shocking the "service" horrors I have read from dealers. I'm always afraid to take my car to a dealer and it is not like there are many to choose from where I am. There is one near here there is another one in the next town but it's the same owner.

Glad that I'm able to service mine myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is utterly shocking the "service" horrors I have read from dealers. I'm always afraid to take my car to a dealer and it is not like there are many to choose from where I am. There is one near here there is another one in the next town but it's the same owner.

Glad that I'm able to service mine myself.
I’ve just done a service on mine earlier today. The power steering was the biggest pain in the butt 😅 used dex 6 this time around and the steering feels as tight as you like. Lock to lock as quiet as a mouse now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts