BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 E36 328i auto saloon
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about installing them on my e36, just wanted to know if it will pass MOT with them? I'm a bit confused by the gov website.

Are they usually wired to run with the car or wired with the dipped/main beam? I'm a little confused how it works

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I can’t see it would cause mot issues personally as loads of cars have DRL/angel eyes.
If it was me I would wire so they are on all the time but also disconnect the side lights so the angel eyes are then the positioning lights aswell.

·
Registered
95 E36 328i auto saloon
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t see it would cause mot issues personally as loads of cars have DRL/angel eyes.
If it was me I would wire so they are on all the time but also disconnect the side lights so the angel eyes are then the positioning lights aswell.
This is more or less what I was thinking. How would this work with the dipped beam for night time though? Would the angel eyes have to be switched off with the dipped beam on?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
No they would remain on just like the standard ones do as they are DRL with lights off but side lights when headlamps are on. They are technically known as positioning lights as need to stay on in event of blown dipped beam bulb

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Don't thing the mot tester will be bothered but they should dim a slight bit when you go from side lights to main lights.
You can have then as side (positioning) lights no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts