BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around for a few days now and I can't seem to find my ideal car. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm asking for too much as the pickings are VERY slim.

I'm after...

530d M Sport Manual
Black
Black interior
Silver dash trim (or anything other than wood)
Satnav pro pack
Parking sensors all round
Xenons
Mileage less than 80k

I'm looking to spend a maximum of 12k. Am I asking too much or do I just need to wait for the right car to come along?

530d M Sport manuals alone seem pretty rare.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I always buy used cars on condition not spec perhaps you might be flexible on colour and xenons at least.

·
Banned
624 Posts
it took me over 3 months!!!!!
i held out for the colour and trim and interior ,miles and spec AND price
like i said it took over 3 months and i was getting CLOSE to buying the 535d i didnt really want JUST to get one
patience ,one will come along

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
Manuals are very rare, personal choice I know but the Auto suits the 530d much better, it rides the Torque well on the 6 cyl Diesel.
A few days is nothing, it took me months to find the one I wanted. Good luck in your search.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
161 Posts
You will find it hard to find that spec in a manual.. I found one in that spec but wanted an auto and managed to pay a lot less than 12k, BUT i didn't mind a higher miler (95k).

If you compromise on mileage you might have better luck? I wouldn't worry so much about wooden trim either, you can probably find a way to change it or get it wrapped in vinyl of your choice.. I wouldn't be so picky about colour of leather either! I hate grey but ended up with it.. not so bad though.. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice other options over grey rather than black leather!

You basically want a Black manual M sport with media and visibility packs + PDC (think of anything else as a bonus).. All are pretty common options, the only rarity being the manual box.. took me around 3 months to find the car i wanted and I'm still missing the power folding mirrors! air conditioned seats would have been good too!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Took me months to find my 330i Touring in the right colour, spec and with sports extra's and in manual. Best of luck with the search!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always buy used cars on condition not spec perhaps you might be flexible on colour and xenons at least.
I'm not overly fussed about the xenons, I tend to modify my headlights anyway (prefer black inners etc). I would really prefer the black but if it just wasn't happening then I would settle for grey or possibly one of the blue shades. It'll take a lot of car to push me away from black though lol.

Condition comes first regardless, that can be assessed on location though. I won't be handing over my cash for anything other than top condition.

it took me over 3 months!!!!!
i held out for the colour and trim and interior ,miles and spec AND price
like i said it took over 3 months and i was getting CLOSE to buying the 535d i didnt really want JUST to get one
patience ,one will come along
I was actually looking at the 535s too, the auto only and the fuel consumption pulled me towards the 530 though.

Manuals are very rare, personal choice I know but the Auto suits the 530d much better, it rides the Torque well on the 6 cyl Diesel.
A few days is nothing, it took me months to find the one I wanted. Good luck in your search.

Yeah I noticed that there are quite slim pickings where the manual is concerned. I can see how the auto would definitely have its merits, especially in a big laid back cruiser like the 5 series. I just don't enjoy driving auto's as much, regardless of how good they are (Supra background where the autobox is also fantastic).

Happy to hold on and keep looking though, glad it's not just me.

Out of interest.... is there a Winter discount with these cars? Just wondering if everyone drops their prices, like most sellers do, due to the low selling numbers at that time of year. Also I'm guessing the snow won't help sale time much with the big torquey RWD brute :D

·
Banned
624 Posts
in snow ,just switch off the dsc ,and she's away,never really had much problems in snow.certainly nothing over and above problems other folk encounter in their cars
shamon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in snow ,just switch off the dsc ,and she's away,never really had much problems in snow.certainly nothing over and above problems other folk encounter in their cars
shamon
Must admit, I've never had any problems either but that's all I seem to hear about in the winter regarding big beemers :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been all over the place the last few days.

I've gone from looking at 530's and being set on them to thinking about the 335's with the paddles and being set on them. I then started comparing the 335 to the 535 and trying to convince myself that the auto suited the type of car etc.

I am now concretely set on a 535D M Sport LCi.

My head is completely fried though :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Must admit, I would be surprised if that was the case due to the size/weight. Is the gearbox not the same in both?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts