BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just changed my headunit from standard Business Casette to Alpine 103BT.

Chose the alpine as it has Ipod, Bluetooth and you can change the illumination to Amber so it doesn't look too our of place. Just want to say how impressed I am with this unit, and on the flip, how disappointed I am with the Business stereo!

The alpine bluetooth is clear and built in so it is a matter of plugging in a mic, the ipod is rapid and the sound really brings out the best in the speakers!

If anyone is looking to upgrade, I can highly recommend the Alpine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alpine aftermarket in E46

Thanks. I am looking to replace my BMW 'Professional' head unit, which won't turn on or off (or change stations, etc.) unless you press down hard on the cd slot as you turn it on! What rubbish. Had my eye on the Alpine (since they make the original for bmw) and wanted the amber display, as you did.

Does it work with your steering wheel controls? How about the cd changer in the boot? I was told by an installer that they couldn't keep the cd changer working with the new aftermarket radio. True?
Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.