BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering either of these for a purchase soon via company car scheme and have budget circa 25k for nice used example

Alpina - never had one but saloon looks quite special and reminds me of Priaux's touring car ! Looks like 08> cars have 210 BHP and prior to that 180 (?)

320d Sport - I Like the look of these and more choice. Having driven a 320d 2010 model in italy for a week on mountain roads and autostrada I was impressed by ride and handling and how much fun this little repo mobile could be - that car was standard spec not sport

So my question stands Alpina for exclusivity or seek out nice 320d Sport in a nice spec and if the 30bhp deficit too much to bear then how aboout a chip tune from AMD ( are they still good guys ? I used to take my 16v golf there when they were in Oxford - but that was about 1991 !) or DM Tuning

any knowledge and experience shared much appreciated

·
Registered
153 Posts
i think d3 not much people got them and they are rare you will be different in it but they are nice my next car is going to d3 alpina. get it remaped talking 245bhp from a 2l diesel

Reactions: Deebs

·
Registered
145 Posts
My mate has had 3 D3 alpina`s and we had an alpina track day at rocking-ham.
The D3 will pull the pants down over the 320d m-sport. Not just on power but the handling must be worth a good power advantage over normal cars so they are the complete package. £25k will get you into the biturbo aswell. They are so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Alpina D3, Nuff said....:cool

Worth the extra money over a standard 320d anyday. Proper special motor...:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts