BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allrighty, can anyone recomend an alloy repair company in the Glasgow area that can weld cracks in alloys. Just found out today that I have a small crack in my M-Sport 18" alloys, its located on the inside of the rear wheel approx 1" in length. Any feedback is appreciate:thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. There is a company in Ibrox/Govan area that do it. I put my car in for an MOT and the mechanic sent it there because it was the best place in the area apparently. I'm trying to remember name of the place, but maybe someone else on here knows them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Stuart, thanks for the reply. I put the alloy into a company in EK (Kelvin Ind Est) and they have quoted £40 to weld the alloy or £60 to refurbish each alloy, not bad !

·
Registered
285 Posts
Worth giving ESP powdercoaters in possil a ring, they do wheel powder coating and I think repair. If they don't do it then they will know who to ask. Give Trevor a call on 01413363800.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. There is a company in Ibrox/Govan area that do it. I put my car in for an MOT and the mechanic sent it there because it was the best place in the area apparently. I'm trying to remember name of the place, but maybe someone else on here knows them?
The place you are looking for is Star Radiators on broomloan road Ibrox. they do aluminium welding and are shit hot! they welded my alloy for £40. their phone number is 0141 445 6672

1 - 7 of 7 Posts