BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was looking a little sorry for itself as the plastic trim around the wing mirrors and the rest of the car were looking grey, especially the mirrors. Thanks to someone on here (can't remember who, sorry) I heard about Autobrite's "Berry Blast Endurance Trim & Tyre Gel". (This can be purchased here). This stuff works by leaving a very fine, clear film over the area applied.

I bought some and thought I'd give it a go, below is the method I carried out - Photos are below my rough guide!

1) First thing to do is make sure the trim is clean and free of bugs etc, this product really does work better if the area it's going on is very clean - ideally give the whole car a rinse before hand!

2) Apply a small drop of the Berry Gel (smells amazing by the way) to a foam applicator pad such as as this.

3) Apply the gel to the required areas but don't put too much on - you'll be amazed at how much area you can cover with a small drop.

4) Leave to dry and be happy with the results.

5) Optional - apply to wall of tyre as a tyre dressing, you should only need about 4 drops max of the gel.

BEFORE

50/50

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

And here's a couple of photos after I'd done the rest of the car and left it about an hour in the sun to fully dry.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Will def be trying that stuff, only i tenner as well, i thought it was going to be dearer.

Cheers Joe:thumbsup

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
Great guide Joe, I did post up about this stuff but was lazy and didn't do a guide.
Berry Blast is brilliant, it lasts ages, I did the mirrors again yesterday, didn't really need it but was more fun than having to watch them sodding tv soaps that the mrs seems addicted to!

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great guide Joe, I did post up about this stuff but was lazy and didn't do a guide.
Berry Blast is brilliant, it lasts ages, I did the mirrors again yesterday, didn't really need it but was more fun than having to watch them sodding tv soaps that the mrs seems addicted to!
Nice one mate cheers for the recommendation, I remember buying the stuff after you posted about it - only got round to trying it out today.

Anything beats those bloody soaps :hihi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Autoglym bumper care is also good for restoring tired plastics. I get mine at Halfords, where they are usually doing a three for the price of two offer on cleaning products!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Joe, update this thread periodically to see how it lasts in the rain and bad weather??

It looks like a similar product to chemical guys trim gel.. goes on a treat, the bottle lasts for ever but.. after a couple of downpours or a good wash it's back to square one (hopefully the autobrite stuff has more ENDURANCE! :D)

I'd be interested to hear how this stuff lasts as I'm considering this.. http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c4-permanent-trim-restorer/

Obviously it's 3 times the price but I've seen proven results that 1 treatment does last 2 years, wash after wash it just doesn't fade.. genuinely amazing product! (mate used it on his mk2 golf, covered in faded trim.. nearly 2 years on looks like new!)

·
Registered
274 Posts
smooth peanut butter works very similar and a lot cheaper and lasts ages as the peanut oils seem to sink into the plastic really well

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe, update this thread periodically to see how it lasts in the rain and bad weather??

It looks like a similar product to chemical guys trim gel.. goes on a treat, the bottle lasts for ever but.. after a couple of downpours or a good wash it's back to square one (hopefully the autobrite stuff has more ENDURANCE! :D)

I'd be interested to hear how this stuff lasts as I'm considering this.. http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c4-permanent-trim-restorer/

Obviously it's 3 times the price but I've seen proven results that 1 treatment does last 2 years, wash after wash it just doesn't fade.. genuinely amazing product! (mate used it on his mk2 golf, covered in faded trim.. nearly 2 years on looks like new!)
Yes mate I'll keep this upto date. We had some very heavy rain earlier in the week and the trim still looks exactly like it did after application at the weekend. Early days but we'll see how it lasts.

I guess it will also be interesting to see what its like after giving the car another proper wash, will do that in a couple of weeks so will update again then ;)

I'm also interested about that other stuff, so if you get some let us know :thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just caught this thread and realised it's time I got to work on the trim bits of my car....much better to get a recommended product so i'll get some Berry Blast and give it go - cheers

·
Registered
431 Posts
So, do you guys polish first, then do your trim?

Or do you do the trim first and polish afterwards?

So far i've been alternating, one week polish, one week trim, but my trim that was lovely and black last week is now covered with swirly grey polish marks!

Surely you wouldn't mask the paintwork while doing the trim though? And i wouldn't want to get trim gel on my just polished paintwork...

Colour me confused.:confused

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update - it's been a month this weekend since I did this to my car, and all the trim is still looking great like in the pictures, the mirrors especially which I'm very pleased about considering they were looking the worst before hand :thumbsup :)

So, do you guys polish first, then do your trim?

Or do you do the trim first and polish afterwards?
Personally I would polish first and then do the trim, just take your time on the trim and you're unlikely to get any trim gel on the paintwork.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow that berry blast is amazing, the little touches like that really make the car stand out!
Is there an highstreet show retailing this? :)

X

·
0 Posts
Thats impressive stuff. Have you used it on the rubber door / window seals too?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts