BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have an e36 vert that I've recently put an engine in.

After switching the engine, I drove it around for a couple of days hassle free. I then parked it on my mums driveway for a few days.

I came to it today, and now the alarm goes off whenever I do any of the following things:
- open/close either of the doors
- open/close the boot
- open/close the bonnet

I've managed to disconnect the ear piercing alarm at the siren but the hazards continue to flash. This will happen for about 45 seconds every time it happens, until the next time I do any of the above. The car functions totally normally apart from this.
I have a fob but there's no battery in it and I've never used it, I've always locked and unlocked it with the key!

Any help on how to fix this would be massively appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Might be the sensor under the bonnet or a faulty module. If its the same setup as e46 mine used to do it all the time but i never actually changed the sensor. I seen a video about cleaning the holes where the bonnet latch's drop down into. If the e36 is the same there will be a spring inside if you look. Mine was all gunked up so i cleaned it all out and now the little spring thing inside clicks properly again and senses the bonnets properly not triggereing the alarm. Worth a try

1 - 3 of 3 Posts