BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going abroad in a week or so, going to leave my car at the airport for the best part of a week, got some online prices for under £30 at a secure carpark away from the airport.
They take you to the airport in a shuttle bus and pick you up from the terminal on the way back.
The bit I don't like is that they insist that you hand your car keys to them, when I've parked my car they don't need to touch it, just leave it there till I collect it.
I think I'll hand them another BMW key that doesn't work my car, or I wont use them, would you trust them ? I don't !
Can't find any other option for parking on site at Luton.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I would spend the extra and park at the official long stay where you get to take your keys with you where your M3 is concerned. A Daker M3 would be well banging on the mean streets of Luton for a couple of weeks :eek

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thankfully I've never had to leave mine at one of these places before I've been shocked at some of the TV documentaries I've seen where you think they're parked safe and they end up getting the arse ripped off them).

I travel fairly regularly for business and tend to just man up and park it in the short stay multi story and take the £21.50 per day hit on the chin... (until I claim it back on company expenses!! LOL! :D)

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would spend the extra and park at the official long stay where you get to take your keys with you where your M3 is concerned. A Daker M3 would be well banging on the mean streets of Luton for a couple of weeks :eek
Dakar yellow :confused thats long gone Mark, Carbon Black M3 you mean :)

Thankfully I've never had to leave mine at one of these places before I've been shocked at some of the TV documentaries I've seen where you think they're parked safe and they end up getting the arse ripped off them).

I travel fairly regularly for business and tend to just man up and park it in the short stay multi story and take the £21.50 per day hit on the chin... (until I claim it back on company expenses!! LOL! :D)
yep, I'd be happier with paying that and keeping my keys :thumbsup
They move it after you have gone to a place where they are parked much more closely together... I don't really like it TBH, but they are secured and guaranteed... I only use one place (APH in Manchester)... that is a bit far for you to Luton though..
And park them in a muddy field like it showed on Watchdog :frown

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Dakar yellow :confused thats long gone Mark, Carbon Black M3 you mean :)

yep, I'd be happier with paying that and keeping my keys :thumbsup

And park them in a muddy field like it showed on Watchdog :frown
to be fair - they were only parked in that muddy field whilst they weren't out getting ragged and spanked on the local bypass and when the field got too busy - they did park them in some nice unsecured local streets and car parks! eeeek!!..

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Going abroad in a week or so, going to leave my car at the airport for the best part of a week, got some online prices for under £30 at a secure carpark away from the airport.
They take you to the airport in a shuttle bus and pick you up from the terminal on the way back.
The bit I don't like is that they insist that you hand your car keys to them, when I've parked my car they don't need to touch it, just leave it there till I collect it.
I think I'll hand them another BMW key that doesn't work my car, or I wont use them, would you trust them ? I don't !
Can't find any other option for parking on site at Luton.
Make sure you book a long way in advance and you get a better price, but agreed spend the money on one you can leave you car at and keep the keys, or catch a bus/train/taxi to the airport.

You can get some amazing deals at heathrow, I parked in short stay at Terminal 1 for 10 days for £97 by pre-booking, it would cost you £700 if you turned up and parked

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't mind driving the Shogun locally but I aint driving it any distance, it makes me sea sick with the swaying Ralph.

Taxi was too dear and Luton ain't the best place to get to from West Oxfordshire, Just book long stay car park on site for £35.99 and I keep my keys :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah there is some horror stories regarding parking at airports, I used manchester and was happy when I got back but worried whilst away. Just make sure you log your mileage and fuel left, that way you can tell if someones bin out joyriding n her, take some pics of the car at the airport whilst the guy is there and then have a good walk around when you get back before leaving. Fingers crossed you've picked one of the good companys :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Like wise but don't think you'll get 24 hours in the short stay at Terminal 5 Heathrow for £21.50, more like £77.50! Thankfully I can pass on my parking expenses to my employer!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts