BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going away for 3 weeks and was thinking of leaving my car (E46 320D Sport) in Gatwick's Long Stay parking but I'm worried about the car battery dying by the time I return.
I don't really have anyone trustworthy to leave the car with that lives close enough to me that will be here to watch it and start it every now and then (most of my family will be on vacation as well). And the cost of a taxi return is about the same as what it will cost to just leave the car at the airport. My main concern is being that the car will be sitting for 3 weeks I will be coming back home to a dead battery.

Is there any tips, other than disconnecting the battery at the airport once I've parked it, that anyone can share? Personal experiences? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wouldn't have any concerns about leaving mine for three weeks but if a return taxi trip is the same as parking anyway, then why not just do that? You get dropped off and picked up from the terminal door (virtually) and don't have to worry about your car?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Put a new battery in the boot....if you dont need it take it back with the reciept...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some really good input guys... I really appricate it and you've help put my mind at ease... I originally though the battery would be okay but I just couldn't deal with the extra headache after a 9 hour flight.

That solar powered trickle charger idea isn't too bad either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts