BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my airbag light on my BMW 320D touring 2003 has come on after cleaning and won't go away. I thought it might be the occupancy sensor so i replaced this with a bypass but this still hasnt fixed the issue. Has anyone got a peake tool in Kent to help identify the problem. Any other ideas would be brilliant. Thanks

·
Registered
2010 330d e90, 2008 M3 e92
2,503 Posts
Peake tool??

I guess that's a certain make of diagnostics, if so that won't be the only one that could read the airbag system, I know Bosch KTS can too, & I would think INPA could?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Inpa would identify the fault for you if you have a laptop to download it? You can get a compatible obd cable on eBay for £10-15. It pays for itself with your first scan :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm not familiar with the name of the cable, does it have pins 7&8 shorted together? Is it a USB to obdII cable?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes is a USB to OBDII cable, from looking at the device pins 7&8 are not together but the cable works with alot of software I have.

·
Registered
312 Posts
also, when i contacted the buyer before i bought it, they gave me links to download inpa etc but i can pm you where to download it and a thread with instructions on how to install etc :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes please PM. I have sourced the software from a certain website but if you have a more reliable source then that would be brilliant! thanks :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
glad i could help, keep me posted on how it goes!! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Couldn't get it to work. Its supposed to work on win7 x64 bit but it doesnt want to :/ I've even tried downloading it from other sources and still nothing. :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
What is the problem? Do you get any errors?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed it all, then when I go to open the program it says it doesnt support x64bit operating systems. I will try it on another laptop tomorrow.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did you download the two files from the thread I posted? Those were the two files i used on my windows 7 64-bit OS and inpa worked fine.ncs expert isn't compatible with windows 7 though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts