BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I recently tried using my AC the other day and quickly realised that it was blowing warm air into the cabin.
I haven't used it since last summer and was wondering could it be a re-gas issue or something more serious?
I checked it with BimmerCode photo attached, but I have no idea what errors are being detected with it and it doesn't say anything else.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
What scan tool are you using? All mine give descriptions. Could be out of freon or could be a faulty pressure sensor. You will need a better scanner and ac guages to help find the fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
139 Posts
It’s actually recommended to run your ac once a month to help keep everything lubricated. It’s bad for the compressor to go unused during the winter. You can run it with heat and it stays warm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply.
All I have is BimmerCode App, so I guess I’m going to have to take it to a garage for a proper diagnosis. I hope it’s just a re-gas job, fingers crossed
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s actually recommended to run your ac once a month to help keep everything lubricated. It’s bad for the compressor to go unused during the winter. You can run it with heat and it stays warm.

That’s probably why it’s not working now. I haven’t turned it on since last summer.
Now I know better, thanks again

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good luck and hopefully that’s it. With small leaks I always put UV dye and leak seal in cars with leakage problems. The stop leak does a decent job at stopping about 50% of the time also if it still leaks then the UV dye will leave a trail that under UV light will pinpoint exactly where it is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck and hopefully that’s it. With small leaks I always put UV dye and leak seal in cars with leakage problems. The stop leak does a decent job at stopping about 50% of the time also if it still leaks then the UV dye will leave a trail that under UV light will pinpoint exactly where it is.

My car has a build date of December 2014 so would it have the old version of feon or the new system? I’ve looked in the manual but can’t find any information.
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car has a build date of December 2014 so would it have the old version of feon or the new system? I’ve looked in the manual but can’t find any information.
Thanks

I found the information on the underside of the bonnet. There’s no need to reply now.
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update
Just picked up my car from dealership and it turned out to be a condenser leak at a joint so everything was fixed under warranty.
I now have my AC back and it’s blowing cool cold air .
Thanks for everyone’s input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts