BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red warning light on the dashboard showing a seatbelt has been glowing since before the last MOT and I was told that I need to get a replacement airbag control unit module to cure this. On eBay there is a vast difference in cost between new and used - I am guessing that any unit either works or doesn't, in the latter case I get my money back, so I might as well go for the least costly.
However might there be potential for confusion as to the exact spec? Mine is a late 2002 320 D Touring e 46. Is e 46 = e 46?? On eBay there are under this specific filter quite a number of different module refs listed: 693 3238, 690 5491, (6577)691 2755, 691 2123, 837 2521, 028 5001 458 ...:confused

Any help to assist choice, what to go for and what to avoid, gratefully received!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Airbag warning light = showing continually regardless of whether seatbelt is fastened or not.

I don't know the fault codes but my garage advised me that it was a faulty airbag control module in their opinion.

·
5,887 Posts
Most likely the passenger occupancy seat mat,very common to break but can be safely coded out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that yesterday there were some colour pics of the unit posted here - but they seem to have vanished!:confused

1 - 6 of 6 Posts