BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Gents,

Today I have test driven a Z4 but could not commit to the deal because the service history set alarm bells ringing (1st>jun08 @ 39k 2nd>sep09 @ 47k). Test drive was fun, car not really fast but that's not what I'm after. Hood is manual (was looking forward to pressing the button) but all round in excellent condition. Engine sounded beautiful and clutch was tight, gear changes smooth. The deal includes Black Horse 2yr warrantry (parts&labour).

The dealer was suprisingly laid back and when I queried the service intervals was told the service indicator determines the service interval by constantly montioring how the car is driven. I believe this is correct but surely you would still book it in for a 12 month basic service (when the previous owner paid £27k+ brand new?), no?

·
Registered
724 Posts
He's right about the service indicator and don't think they get a 'standard' 12 month service to begin.

However... I'd think (hope) that 39K would've been it's 2nd. No matter how gently it's been driven, it shouldn't have made it to almost 40k without a service.

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
it should countdown from circa 15k to its services, it goes slower or quicker depending on how its driven and the oil viscosity, it should of had 2 oil services and an inspection 1 at that sort of mileage..

39k on the same oil?? no way no how brother, the oil aint that long life...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
IMHO it's not good only going by the dummy lights!.. Mine gets a service every 12 months regardless of whether it needs it or not.. And I probably only do 5-6k a year tops!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts