BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well car passed it's mot today so technically it's safe and legal but still not happy with either what feels like a hesitant accelation and crap braking.

A little history, the car has been rested shall we say for 3 years and only moved occatianlly, developing running issues, halfway through, that was sorted by replacing a spilt intake boot and maf, all was good bar wouldn't rev more than 3k buy no more engine management lights, I eventually found sticking throttle body valve and cleaned, all seemed good but only for revving as couldn't really drive, now driving it seems sluggish, basically not as responsive as before!
Also battery died, I replaced but disconnected everytime I finished tinkering, so is any relearning needed?

Secondly brakes rusted but front discs and pads were new before this, I checked for seazures and changed fluid and all seemed good as passed mot, cleaning up with some hard braking on the way BUT I know haven't used in a while but seem crap, not sharp at all, need to press heavily to brake.
Is this just e46 brakes or will another new set help?

Finally I just wanna say I did a full service and it's a 1999 323ci, not the quickest but sure was quicker before, any ideas where to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the brakes have improved massively over the 20 miles back, just the engine issues now

Seems the rev needle dances when I take my foot of the accelerator while driving along but no on idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts