BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Told after Kwikfit did a free AC system check. Any clues or ideas what to check ? I have INPA so will hook that up if it stops raining ! . System has no leaks and has correct gas levels etc

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
something is wrong.....! I watched BMW Doctors video about the system .And he is right about how the centre vent icontrol must be set to cold. The moment I do this.The drop in temp is amazing !

But this will be great in the summer .Not now when I want the car to warm up and de mist first thing in the morning or when its raining heavily etc . So i think the system is "OK" .But these settings are a mystery . He mentions there is a sensor by the drivers side cabin air filter .But not on MY E61 ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
something is wrong.....! I watched BMW Doctors video about the system .And he is right about how the centre vent icontrol must be set to cold. The moment I do this.The drop in temp is amazing !

But this will be great in the summer .Not now when I want the car to warm up and de mist first thing in the morning or when its raining heavily etc . So i think the system is "OK" .But these settings are a mystery . He mentions there is a sensor by the drivers side cabin air filter .But not on MY E61 ?
The sensor is for fully automatic AC, there is a specific term for it, but my brain is not playing ball this morning. On some models, the sensor can be on the LH side of the radiator fan. You may not have a fully automatic AC system; I don't.

On the iDrive setting, I usually keep mine on warm during the winter months and only use colder if we see the sun! That setting should only affect the centre vents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts